Thursday 27 April 2017

First Part of the Trip (Kinda)

Entry #2
2:20am
April 28th, 2017
Toronto ON
Holiday Express Inn


So I woke up early in the morning at my apartment, took out my garbage and cleaned up a bit, unplugged my appliances and shut my windows. All ready with my large bags fulls of clothes and camera equipment, I set out on my journey to Tanzania. 

As soon as my foot went out the door, the rain came down. Hard. 

So, instead of going to the bus stop (an endeavor which would have soaked all of my baggage within 60 seconds), I called a cab to at least take me to the Dartmouth bridge terminal, where I caught a bus the rest of the way to the airport. 

The Halifax airport posed no issues, beyond sending me on a wild-goose-chase-like search for a way to print off some important documents. 

The flight to Toronto was fine. Fairly short and sweet and giving me some needed shut-eye. However, shortly before arriving we came into our complications for the day.

Some poor weather and technical difficulties with our plane caused us to arrive very late, missing our second planned flight (this one to Zurich, which would in turn connect to Tanzania). We soon were re-booked onto a flight to Istanbul, Turkey, in place of Zurich. 

Unfortunately, an error was made as that flight was already overbooked. This caused our plans to change yet again. Instead of heading anywhere, we were put up in a hotel for the night (not too bad, as I got my own large room, and of course sleep deprivation persuaded me to obey the childish me and build a pillow fort). Tomorrow we shall spend the day in Toronto, later that night flying to LONDON! Which is a whole other dream come true. We will then be spending a day there, followed by a night flight to Johannesburg, followed by our final arrival in Tanzania to begin our real adventure. 

Despite the delays and complications, I had a wonderful day and will no doubt enjoy the next few travel days ahead. 

Now goodnight.
Fort Sleep Loss



Our plane did a bunch of weird loops to avoid bad weather, which also delayed our arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment