Saturday 29 April 2017

Traveling Part 3: A Walk in the Park

Entry #4
5:48pm (London), 1:49pm (home)
April 29th, 2017
London
Heathrow Airport



We are all sitting down now, simply resting our feet before we carry our bags through security (I've realised I don't like that part of the flying experience very much, though it could go better this time, as yesterday a small error caused me to lose some of my sunscreen).
Despite arriving in London early in the morning, we were slow to start our day of exploration, sluggish due to having gotten little sleep on our shaky and hot flight. I did however enjoy the in-flight film I watched, Hacksaw Ridge (The previous flight, I saw Window Horses, which I also enjoyed but did not mention).

After running around looking for anyone who could help us navigate the surprisingly confusing layout of the transit  system from the airport, we were off on the next exciting part of our adventures.

We did a lot of walking, in awe of Paddington Station. We enjoyed the charm of the calm streets and adored our time spent at Hyde park.

Paddington Station




We are just about to go through security, and I have my fingers crossed that I adjusted my bags and so nothing will go wrong.


...
*Update*
6:53pm

I went through and got stopped because apparently my bag full of film equipment looked suspicious.

This resulted in all of the equipment being removed, and myself receiving a pat-down.

I also answered every time the woman there asked me what one of the pieces of equipment was ("That's a microphone" And "That's a part of the camera" and  "That's a different kind of microphone").

The whole experience wasn't too bad. It simply meant everyone else had to wait to see what was going on. It definitely didn't spoil my good mood either, I had too good a time the rest of the day.

Now we are waiting to board another plane so we can continue our journey to Tanzania.

Next stop: Johannesburg!


No comments:

Post a Comment